What are Resources For Respondents?

University Support and Interim Measures:

The UO is committed to a fair, unbiased, and consistent learning environment where every student is treated with dignity and respect and is granted all procedural protections afforded by the Student Conduct Code.

Upon request, the university can provide interim measures to support Respondents including: making transportation and work arrangements, making financial aid arrangements, providing visa and immigration assistance, or connecting with off-campus resources. The Respondent Support Services person who reaches out to you can assist in arranging these types of interim measures, as well as Deputy Coordinators, the Dean of Students office and the Title IX Coordinator’s designees. 

Title IX Respondent Resource Services (Confidential)

Confidential support is available through the Office of the Dean of Students to help respondents understand available resources and guide them as they go through the conduct process. The Respondent Resource Coordinator will reach out to students accused of Title-IX related conduct code violations in order to offer and provide these individualized support services:

  • Providing a safe, supportive and confidential listening space
    This means that conversations cannot be shared with anyone else without the respondent’s expressed permission unless there is imminent risk of harm to self or others or as required by state and local laws.
  • Navigation, guidance and coordination through the conduct process
    Examples include reviewing documents and materials from investigation, final report, and sanctioning agreements as requested to assist in understanding process, supporting appropriate academic or other reasonable arrangements, navigation of logistical challenges such as interim suspensions, restrictions of privileges, and/or access to dining facilities, and help to cope with and understand the course of the conduct process, itself, possible outcomes and appeals process.
  • Referrals to campus and community resources
    See additional resource list below. Individualized resources may be identified as needed.

For this reason, our Respondent Resource Coordinator will reach out to students at the request of the Director of Student conduct or the Title IX Coordinator. Students accused of sexual misconduct subject to the Student Conduct Standard Operating Procedures can contact the Respondent Resource Coordinator by emailing Maggie Morrisette at mmorris6@uoregon.edu

Counseling Services

The University Counseling Center offers confidential support, evaluation, and counseling for students experiencing personal difficulties including being accused of conduct code violations. Professional counseling staff, licensed psychologists or therapists with experience these issues are available to assist students with personal counseling.Students can make an appointment with the University Counseling Center by calling 541‑346‑3227 and asking to make an appointment with someone, or by attending drop-in hours most weekdays between 9:00am and 3:00pm.  

Health Services

The University Health Center is committed to providing students with physical and emotional care at all times.The medical team provides services including emergency contraception, antibiotics to prevent infection, and physical exams and other services. Staff also treat students who are experiencing difficulty sleeping, anxiety, or depression. In addition, they can provide access to other resources, including referrals to on- and off-campus support services.

Housing Assistance

Students may no longer feel safe in their current living situation. The University can assist students with a variety of housing options depending on their specific circumstances.

  • On-campus housing support: For students who live on campus, there are several options for alternate campus housing. Typically, there is option of moving to an alternate housing location on campus. 
  • Off-campus housing support: Students living off campus should contact the ASUO Office of Student Advocacy to discuss issues with off campus housing. (541) 346-3722

Other University of Oregon Resources for Respondents

Off-Campus Services