A new tab will open and this page will redirect to the UO home page.

Complainant Rights

If you bring forward a complaint or report of harassment or discrimination you have the right to expect:

  • To be treated with respect and without prejudice or presumption.
  • Access to available university resources and support.
  • To receive assistance in filing a police report, if you choose to do so.
  • To know the status of the complaint at any point in the process.
  • You may have an advisor of your choosing to assist you during the process, as long as your advisor is not also a witness in the same matter and does not delay or obstruct the process.  Your advisor may accompany you to all administrative meetings and proceedings related to the resolution of a complaint, including interviews with the investigator. Please note, however, that generally an advisor is a support person and should not speak for the complainant during the administrative process.

Protection from Retaliation

You are protected from retaliation. When you make a report or file a complaint of discrimination/harassment you become part of the official university resolution process. Should you believe that you are the subject of an act of retaliation as a result of making a report or participating in the resolution process, contact the Office of Investigations and Civil Rights Compliance (OICRC) immediately.

Information Shared with OICRC

The Office of Investigations and Civil Rights Compliance makes every attempt to appropriately safeguard information. 

You May Request Information Regarding the Process and Assistance in Dealing with the Process

As a participant in the resolution process, it is important that you are aware of the process that is being used to address and resolve the complaint.  The investigations office will keep you apprised of the various stages of the resolution process and when the office takes any action related to addressing and resolving the issues. Additionally, you may request assistance from the investigations office with accessing university resources available to you throughout the process. 

Resources for Complainants

Care and Advocacy Program: (541) 346-8194
SAFE Hotline: (541) 346-SAFE
Student Survivor Legal Services: (541) 346-8619
University Counseling and Testing Center: (541) 346-3227
University Health Center: (541) 346-2770

Ombuds Program: (541) 346-6400
Employee Assistance Program: (800) 433-2320